If you are a web designer in Brooklyn, SEO, or simply work in the web development industry, you have probably had to optimize images at some point. The first thing you have to know is that the images consume most of the bandwidth of our internet, hence the need to optimize them. Be clear that optimizing it does not mean that the quality of the image decreases. What happens if they are not optimized?
The page does not load well or it takes time to load.
The bounce rate is much higher because the user must wait a lot to see all the information.
The positioning (SEO) of your site in Google is affected since Google penalizes the sites with slow loads.
All these consequences are also suffered by your site in the Mobile version.
But what does it mean to optimize the images? In simple words, it refers to the process of image compression for optimal use on the Internet, in terms of load, clarity, among others.
Here we leave you five tools of free use that you can use to optimize your images:
- JPEGmini: is an application that compresses photographs, reduces them by up to 80% while preserving the quality and resolution of the image. The free online version only allows you to upload up to 20 images, but you have the option of opting for a premium or Pro version without restrictions.
- Compressor.io: is an online tool that reduces images leaving them almost without any difference to the original in terms of quality. Supports files up to 10 MG. Compress up to 90% and you can download or send them directly to Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Image Optimizer: it is super simple and quick to use this web tool. It has several optimization options and it is useful if you are in a hurry and you need speed.
- CompresNow: available online and supports GIF, JPG, JPEG and PNG files. You can upload multiple files of up to 9 MG and select different levels of compression while maintaining the quality of the image.
- Dynamic Drive: GIF, JPG, and PNG are the formats that allow you to optimize this tool. The plus of this tool is that it is very easy to convert an image from one format to another.
Add image optimization as an important activity in the construction and maintenance of your website and avoid having to make changes in the future due to malfunctioning of the site.
CG Media – Brooklyn SEO Expert