NAPs for Local SEO, what it is and its benefits
Do local SEO in NYC is very important if you have a local business that performs online marketing actions in order to attract potential customers physically to your store, office, restaurant, etc. if your customers seek for your services or products in a specific geographical area, then it is necessary to include the Local SEO within your positioning strategy. It is not the same to visualize a brand in the network to visualize it in a specific zone or city. That is why the steps to follow to optimize local SEO are usually quite different from what we are already used to.
Local search results usually appear when your business has a physical address and contact data. They differ from the organic results of web pages because they always appear first and are not directly associated with your website but rather elements such as the address, contact telephone number, and ratings left by other users based on the service or the product that you offer them.
The final idea is to attract potential customers to your physical business by providing contact information and essential data of interest so that the user can make his final decision. Not with this, we want you to forget traditional SEO, if not rather include both in your positioning strategy in Google.
The NAP (Name, Address, and Phone)
Name, address and telephone number. It is the most important element when you want to do local SEO. What you have to know:
- Even if you do not want it, Google collects data from your business on other sites to know things like your address and your contact information. Make sure that all the sites where your business appears to have the correct data and that they are consistent so as not to confuse Google and not affect your local SEO strategy.
- These websites can be web directories, blogs, various pages.
- Making changes as simple as the phone number of your business and not modify it in the necessary places can lead Google to deliver a data of your business that is not correct.
- Take into account that if the data is varied in all the sites, Google will not only give information to the user that is not, but also will not appear in the first search results.
- The most used resources to improve online reputation, are web directories, try to use those with good reputation and quality.
- Things like keywords, business category, business appointments and the correct configuration of Google My Business.
In conclusion, showing results of the geolocation of your business is something that the algorithm of Google is giving more importance.
The most important task? the consistency of the NAP.
Check and tell us how you are doing!
CG Media – Brooklyn SEO